> The Power Of The Subconscious Mind
Have you ever thought about how much time in your waking hours you actually spend in your conscious mind? The part of you that's present, aware of what you're doing and in the NOW…?
It might alarm you to know that it is estimated that only 5% of your present moment awareness and decision making is coming from your conscious mind. So that begs the question what are you doing the other 95% of the time? And if it’s not you consciously in control, who’s running the show? And how do I talk to that guy?
That guy is called your unconscious mind.
You spend 95% of your time operating from here.
Your unconscious mind can either be your greatest gift or your worst enemy.
Luckily for you, I’m going to guide you through how to get this guy on your side so you have the brain processing power of an army 30,000 strong, going and searching for what you want and bringing it forth to you at rapid speed.
SO let’s get to know our unconscious mind, and how it operates.
Your unconscious mind is responsible for the automated and autopilot habits, such as;
• how you breathe,
• the beating of your heart
• all your digestive responses
• basic motor function, (eg. walking, running, hugging, kissing… (some of you may need work on this one) • regulating your body temperature
• and even driving you to the supermarket and you have no recollection of how you got there, yet you arrived safely!
And also, not so positively, it’s also responsible for your self-sabotaging habits, such as;
• addiction to drama; starting unnecessary fights with loved ones out of boredom, complaining all the time, always having to be right, etc
• emotional binge eating
• impulsive and unnecessary spending (eg. that pair of shoes or new car accessory you really don’t need)
• choosing the wrong partner.. every time! (even though this time you really thought they were ‘THE ONE’)
• Smoking.. even though you’ve attempted to quit several times!
• Feeling not good enough and seeking any way possible to fill this void
• Binging on drugs and alcohol to escape your reality or numb your pain
• And all the smaller habits that give you your quirks like hair-twirling, nail-biting, etc.
• and even driving you to McDonalds, when you meant to go to the supermarket, and you have no recollection of how you got there, yet you’ve just ordered a quarter pounder with fries and a coke!
All these habits are on automatic pilot, so it would be fair to say, by far our greatest behavior-driving power is the processing power of the subconscious mind.
And… Scientific research will tell you that the power of the subconscious mind is one million times greater than the conscious mind.
Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that your conscious mind (willpower, determination, focus) is weak, but when it’s put on the scale beside the unconscious mind, it is outweighed, and the unconscious will win every time.
SO why fight your basic nature when you can get the two working together? This is why I’m a true believer that true alignment will trump your BEST ‘hustle’ 100 to 1. I’ll go into this in more depth later!
So now that you know what the unconscious mind is responsible for, I bet you're curious about how these self-sabotaging patterns got there in the first place.
You’re also learning how to care for yourself and your body based on how you saw your mum and dad taking care of themselves and just by the basic diet you grew up with.
So basically you’re the sum total of the best and the worst of your parents, and the decisions you made as a child about how the world works.
And because you’ve decided to read this book you no longer have to be a grown-up operating through how your seven year old would navigate the world. You now get to be operating as an adult in an adults body.